BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 22, 2008

I. Caught by a Stranger

One-fourth of my day is all about school and the long hours of travel time. My cousin, Ken filled the iPod with rock music, I kept on skipping every song I'm afraid that the blue shuffle won't hold on any longer with my constant oppression until I find the music I want. I'm unlucky to ride the train on rush hour, I have to squeeze in myself and find a position that would avoid giving myself cramps when I finally get off 15 minutes from now. I felt sorry for myself because I have to lean near the door enduring squirms behind me. The bell rang signaling for another stop, just two more and I'll be off that stuffy cart. The door opened with a loud warning I didn't even notice, screw my blasted card because it fell off I had to reach for it in between hundreds of shoes, scared that one might step on my small blanched fingers.

My hip is leaning on the door, I need it for support or else I'd be swimming below shoes as I reach for that old shimmering ID. Oblivious of the noise and the warning around me, the door opened automatically causing me to fall backwards, towards the people prepared enough to battle and rush in inside while the other crowd pushed their way past me, out of the train. My body doesn't know where to go, I haven't grabbed my ID yet and that's my current problem. I was supposed to fall outside but was again pushed back because of the swarm of people going inside. I saw my ID stepped on by what seemed to me a hundred different kinds of shoes. There are nice leather shoes, while the others are already worn out, there are colorful rubber shoes, sexy looking stilettos with hurting and swollen feet inside. I heard somebody say before that it's better to feel good on the inside than look good but hurting. I just don't know if it's really meant for sharp 3-inch stilettos or another aspect about physical beauty. Nevertheless, I don't care.

Surprisingly, just before the door was closed, there's this guy who looked like he just woke up and I saw the panic in his eyes. He stood up from his seat while others pushed each other to regain this lucky vacancy. He pushed his way past irritated people while he was given annoyed stares. I now heard the warning bell, a sign that the door was about to close. He pushed his way aggressively while I was there in front of the door, leaning forward, trying hard to pick up my vindicated ID. His panicked eyes met mine, he isn't going to stop and I was blocking his path. I knew right then and there that I would die and would be sent to heaven even before I'll have every chance of regaining back my not so prized possession but still equally important. He pushed me back outside, I'm sure he didn't really mean to do that, I understand that he's late and he needs to get off this stop. I just don't understand why such unfortunate events happen to me. I would be gladly pushed outside, if and only I have my card back to me but to add up the worse events, I left it stomped under a large leather shoe.

I went flying outside the door, I heard gasps inside the train but wasn't able to hear more because the door closed just before I landed on my back. I landed on a mixed soft and hard surface followed by a male grunt. I felt soft cloth underneath my elbows and nape. The big evil guy that pushed me was no longer in sight, he ran away like a scared dog, afraid of a more evil boss.

I felt bones and moving legs, I felt upper limbs moving and closing in front of me. I felt warm air on my hair, panic registered all at once when I finally felt someone behind me.

"Do you have plans on getting up, or you broke your feet and can't do it?"

A male irritated voice said at the top of my head, I could feel his breath on my forehead. I could see the sign above me, still two stops before I reach my destination. I'm thrown away in the wrong stop and I've lost my ID, now I can't even go inside the University. He didn't wait for me, the bastard was an impatient but a gentle one, he stood up while holding me in the waist allowing me to stand when he did. He's right, I sprained my ankle. I fell back on his chest while he steadied me with one hand on my shoulders. He looked at his left side, staring at the horizon, watching the train disappear in thin air.

"I'm late." The guy sighed. I rarely hear guys sigh.

Emotions suddenly went back to me, I suddenly felt pain, loss and scorn. I turned around and saw the flashy gray eyes of the guy that looked really kind even when pissed.

1 comments:

CARLEEN said...

waah!!! i loove your posts! i swear!*0*..eyeshines