BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

VII. Just when you think you succeeded

I chuckled as I went out of the office holding my new set of math schedules. If it wasn't for Chris, his good looks and his charm over the ladies I wouldn't be able to succeed. Ha-ha.

"Hey thanks." I went straight to the gym pool and called out to my coach who was in the middle of his swimming laps. Obviously he didn't hear me, but it's okay, he won't understand about the favor anyway. I've no intention of telling him why I needed that change. Anyway, thanking him is not the reason why I'm here.

It was warm, the water is perfect and inviting, just right for practicing. Chris reached the end of the pool where I was standing to greet him. He jerked away in surprise and immediately removed his goggles when he saw me. I raised up an eyebrow and he said, "Hey Tracy. You surprised me."

"Yea, I noticed coach." I answered equally surprised, there must have been a lot of things running through his mind. Funny, he was the one always telling us to concentrate and put our head into the practice.

"Are you going to swim?" He called out as he swam towards the rails, lingered for a moment and pulled himself out of the pool.

"Nup, I got classes in half an hour." I said folding my hands over my chest. He walked towards me, his body glistening when a hint of light hit the trickles of water sliding down his tanned skin.

I picked up the towel lying in front of me and threw it over at him. He caught it and wiped his face. "I'll see you in our usual time this afternoon alright?"

He passed by me and gathered his stuffs that were lying not far from where I was standing. He was about to go to the shower room when I called out to him.

"Coach."

He stopped walking but didn't turn, water dripped from his swimming trunks and from his untied shoulder-length black hair. He didn't say anything, he was waiting for me to say something.

"Um." I hesitated.

"Trays, I'll talk to you later at practice alright? I felt like my body turning into jelly." He chuckled and went inside the shower room.

I stood there for a moment before I turned around, scooted down and watched my wavering reflection at the pool. I clutched the paper where my schedule is printed tightly and frowned at myself. How come I never noticed? There's gotta be a way to settle these things down. I just don't know how. The time printed in the paper is the same as my daily swimming practice.

I closed my eyes and tried to take it all in, all my efforts for this day going to a waste and tomorrow's class. Finally, I stood up, swung my bag properly over my shoulder and walked out of the gym. In the first trash bin that I passed by, I threw the crumpled paper that almost raised my hopes up.

Just when you think you succeeded, you found out it's just a make-believe.

0 comments: